Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Rise of Nine

By Pittacus Lore

 Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I’d been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.

Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others…

I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we’re looking for the others—including John.

But so are they.


I was pretty happy to read this next installment of the "I Am Number Four" series. It's incredibly addicting and exciting to read. Add a little romantic drama with all the alien hunting and racing across the globe, you've got a pretty fun book. This book shifts perspectives from John, to Six, to Marina. I usually don't like shifting points of view, but it works for this book because I like all the characters in different ways. As always we get an amped up adventure of the new Lorien Guarde trying to find each other and stay together, as well as trying to figure out a way to defeat the biggest baddest Mogadorian of them all. There's also the mystery of which of the guarde that is left will turn out to be the mysterious Pittacus Lore? The obvious guess is John Smith himself, but I'm hoping for something tricky on the author's part. Here's hoping the next book comes out soon so I can find out what happens to them next! 

I give it a 3 1/2 out of 5 (slightly above average)

No comments:

Post a Comment