Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Son

By Lois Lowry

 
They called her Water Claire. When she washed up on their shore, no one knew that she came from a society where emotions and colors didn’t exist. That she had become a Vessel at age thirteen. That she had carried a Product at age fourteen. That it had been stolen from her body. Claire had a son. But what became of him she never knew. What was his name? Was he even alive? She was supposed to forget him, but that was impossible. Now Claire will stop at nothing to find her child, even if it means making an unimaginable sacrifice.


Anyone who has read "The Giver" agrees that it is an incredible book; though some people don't think it is appropriate for children. I personally would let kids read it because of the message. Well, I devoured "Gathering Blue" and "The Messenger" after I found out they were set in the same world. To my delight I just found out before it was released that "Son" is the ending of this series. Wow did it need this book! It ties things together that seemed vague or loose and I was very pleased to find Jonas and Gabe again and to get to know Claire. She is an incredible character whom I fell in love with almost immediately. Now all I want is another short story to know whether Claire was able to go back and be with the man she fell for on the island...won't spoil it for you! Claire is brave and determined to find her son, and goes through everything imaginable just to find him again. Read about her journey, you won't regret it.

I give it a 4 out of 5- Above average, and finally some answers to questions in the previous books!

No comments:

Post a Comment