Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Fallen Star

By Jessica Sorenson

 For eighteen year-old Gemma, life has never been normal. Up until recently, she has been incapable of feeling emotion. And when she’s around Alex, the gorgeous new guy at school, she can feel electricity that makes her skin buzz. Not to mention the monsters that haunt her nightmares have crossed over into real-life.
But with Alex seeming to hate her and secrets popping up everywhere, Gemma’s life is turning into a chaotic mess. Things that shouldn’t be real suddenly seem to exist. And as her world falls apart, figuring out the secrets of her past becomes a matter of life and death.


Well, here's a freebee on my Kindle that I decided looked interesting. It reminded me a bit of Neil Gaiman's "Stardust" with a girl being a fallen star. (I don't consider that a spoiler seen as how most readers would put the title and the summary together). It was interesting and a little strange. I would've liked it to be a bit more...well more. It was very much the common plotline of late: awkward girl meets new boy at school and is inexplicably attracted to him. The weird thing I was trying to figure out the whole time was that Gemma is convinced that Alex hates her, but they don't even go into why, the only explaination that is offered is that he's "moody". That was a total cop-out. As for plot though, I was okay with everything, but it didn't interest me enough to go and buy the next book in the series. If it's free again I might give it a go when I have nothing better to read. Maybe. There was an interesting vampire...sort of.  Purple eyes were cool, as the cover shows. It's got some interesting things it in, sorcery and magic, falling stars and the end of the world to avert. If you like this genre, you might like to read this; give it a go if you've got some time and a Kindle to get it for free. Who knows, you might love it like I didn't! 

2 3/4 out of 5- because it was slightly below average for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment