Monday, January 12, 2015

Winnie-the-Pooh

By A. A. Milne   

The Bear of Very Little Brain and his friends from the Hundred Acre Wood have delighted generations of readers since Winnie-the-Pooh was first published in 1926. This is the first in a long line of beloved and cherished stories from the Hundred Acre Woods.

Having grown up watching Disney’s Winnie-the-Pooh, I decided it was high time that I read the original. This book was just as lovely and down-to-earth as I was hoping. It’s written with each chapter being a different story within the Hundred Acre Wood with Pooh Bear and his friends as well as Christopher Robin. The tone of the book is warm and inviting, and I understand now why so many parents have read this book and it’s companions to their children. Reading about the “Bear of little brain” and Eeyore, Rabbit, Kanga and Roo, was smile inducing. I spent my childhood singing “I’m just a little black rain cloud” and talking about hephalumps and woozles. It was nice to read this because, while I love Disney’s incarnation of the beloved characters, there isn’t anything quite like seeing them stripped down to their core characters and stories. Welcome to your childhood!


I give it a 4.25 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment