Friday, May 8, 2009

The Princess and the Hound


By Mette Ivie Harrison


Princess Beatrice is the daughter her father never wanted. Prince George has a gift that is punishable by death in his kingdom. Both are driven by duty and deny themselves everything they truly want in life. Brought together to end an age-old feud between their two kingdoms, they discover that they are the only two people who can save each other. This story is a timeless tale about finding yourself that will please audiences of all ages.


I love it when I find books like this. I read it with a pleasure that made my warm-fuzzies all tingly. But not only that, it made me think. I fell in love with George and his struggles, failures, and successes. This book was indeed surprising, and I honestly didn't figure that it would turn out the way it did. It's a great blend of fantasy and reality. Simply put: read it and you'll enjoy it.


Interesting information: Mette has a great website (www.metteivie harrison.com) that I found really fun that included a blog and information on her three other books. The Princess and the Hound is the first of a trilogy; though I think that it ended well enough to stand on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment