Monday, May 11, 2009

As Always, Dave


By Jack Weyland



Dave just got back from his two-year mission and heads to New York to talk the love of his life, Abbie, into coming back to Ririe Idaho and becoming his wife. What he finds definately wasn't in his plans. Abbie has gone on with life, and is currently taken. Desperate to win her back, Dave stays in New York and begins what is known as "the single life", going to the singles ward at church and living paycheck to paycheck, and trying to figure out the impossible-girls.
This novel is especially for young single adults who can't figure out why guys can't commit, and what girls do to make it harder than it needs to be. But most of all, it's about God's plan for all of us and how to find yourself.
I love Jack Weyland. He's awesome. Whenever I'm looking for a good LDS fiction book, he's the man I go to; and what self-respecting young single LDS female would pass up a chance to figure out the whole single-scene and dating stuff? This book was a little depressing, because I knew just what it was talking about and saw myself making some of the mistakes that the girls Dave dated were making, and I also doubted if guys really thought like Dave...but I think it's pretty accurate. All in all, I really loved to read this, because it's really close to my life at the moment and it gives me hope that even though I'm not model-material, or a genius, or anything uber-spectacular, I'm still special and one day a good guy is going to see it. I love warm-fuzzy books!

1 comment:

  1. Your sister Jana and I are good buds...she and I were walking one morning and talking about favorite reads. She told me all about your blog and sent me your blog address. Just reading your comments makes me want to curl up with a good book. I'm purchasing this latest Jack Weyland book for my youngest daughter. I think she will love it! Love your blog and will check in weekly to see what's new on your list.

    ReplyDelete