Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ranger's Apprentice: Halt's Peril (Book 9)


By John Flanagan

Rangers walk the line between life an death every day, but never before ahs that line appeared so thin or death felt so certain.
Hot on the trail of the Outsiders- a cult that’s been making its way from kingdom to kingdom, conning the innocent out of their few valuables- Will and Halt are ambushed by the cult’s deadly assassins. Pierced by a poisoned arrow, Will’s mentor is near death and in dire need of the one antidote that can save his life. Time is not on Will’s side as he journeys day and night through the harsh terrain to Grimsdell wood in search of the one person with the power to cure Halt: Malkallam the Sorcerer.



Have I mentioned how awesome this series is? This latest installation is no exception to the incredibly fun story of Will, Halt, and Horace. I can't talk too much about the book without giving things away. I'll just say, it's pretty heart-wrenching. But full of laughs as well. Horace will keep you rolling with his sense of humor. My favorite it when Halt gives him an extra camoflage cloak and he grins, pulling the hood up and says, "Can you see me?" I laughed pretty hard. It reminded me of those camo shirts that say, "Ha ha, you can't see me now." It just tickled my funny bone. Great series. Great I say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment