Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wings


By Aprilynne Pike


Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful-too beautiful for words. Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.


In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.



I saw this book online and it was reccomended for people who enjoyed fantasy. I admit, there were a lot of things I though were cool about this book. The fact that they say fairies are actually the most evolved plant on earth was interesting. It was very creative and a new way to look at old myths and legends. But all in all I didn't care much for it, especially the love triangle in it. I really dislike teenage drama, and with the whole gushy-mushy way overdone teen love I was pretty sugared out by the time I was done. I don't know thought, I'm sure lots of people would really like it, Stephanie Myers actually reccomends it, so people who enjoy Twilight will probably like it. I recommend it to you people! Otherwise, beware of teen angst and hormones. (shudders)

No comments:

Post a Comment