Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Believing Christ


By Stephen E. Robinson


Author Stephen Robinson illustrates the power of the Savior as he uses analogies and parables, such as his own bicycle story, and scriptures and personal experiences in this moving, best-selling book. “Mortals have finite liabilities,” he explains, “and Jesus has unlimited assets.” By merging the two, exaltation can come. As long as we progress in some degree, the Lord will be pleased and will bless us. We must not only believe in Christ but also believe him — believe that he has the power to exalt us, that he can do what he claims. People will better understand the doctrines of mercy, justification, and salvation by grace after reading this book.



This book is only 125 pages long. It took me four months to read. What does that mean? It means this book has more to offer than anything I've read in a long long time. It took me a long time to chew on its contents and I'm still in the process of digesting it all. If I even can! This book helped me understand so many misconceptions that I held about just exactly how grace works, and how the atonement is meant to change our lives. This book is for people who are so hard on themselves when they make mistakes. This book changed how I view myself and my relationship with Christ. I realized that I too was someone who believed in Christ, but I had a really hard time Believing Christ. This book is absolutely wonderful and I recommend it to everyone who has ever made a mistake. And that's all of us. I was told it was a great book to read as a companion to The Miracle of Forgiveness, because it brings the hope that the straightforwardness of President Kimball's book often time lacks. But for me, I'm glad I read it, because it has literally changed my life.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of Tony's favorite books of all time. He made me buy it right after we first got married and said I needed to read it...11 years later and I'm still yet to read it!:) Guess I'll have to pull it out and do just that.

    Tony just asked me yesterday if you'd posted anything lately on here...he said that without work you should be getting a lot of reading done!:)

    ReplyDelete