Saturday, December 5, 2009

Need


By Carrie Jones


Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right-not human- in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers raomance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear.



Okay. I picked up this book against my better judgement. The cover led me to believe it was yet another vampire book. When I read the synopsis, however, it made me hope that it would be a book I would really enjoy. Wrongo-bongo. I need to listen to my subconscious. Sure it had a lot of interesting plot twists, but other than the creepy way the book proceeds, I was highly disappointed. Too much mushy stuff for me, and making out. Although I did like the phobia thing. And the way the author described her character going through the death of someone she loved was very believable. If you like werewolves and fairies you maybe might like this book. I personally don't reccommend you to read it. There are better books out there to entertain you.

No comments:

Post a Comment