Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Forgotten Warrior


By Kathi Oram Peterson


Forgiveness has never been an attribute of sixteen-year-old Sydney Morgan's. Loyal and loving to her mother and sister, a crisis forces her to find her absent father, which in turn begins a chain of events leading her to the last place and time she would have ever expected.
The Forgotton Warrior follows Syd as she is transported back to Book of Mormon times by touching a mysterious clear stone. She meets Chief Captain Helaman; nursemaid, Mariah; and the stripling warriors. They believe Syd to be a boy, and worse yet, Helaman's second-in-command, Tarik, thinks Syd is a Lamanite spy and threatens to kill her.
Come follow Sydney as she desperately tries to find her way back home, fights to gain Helaman's respect, and despite herself, falls in love with Tarik.



I was really excited to read this, and have wanted to for months. I hate to say it was a let-down. Hate it when that happens. And I didn't know it was the beginning of a series. Blast! Now, even though I didn't really like it, I have to finish it so I know what happens. Bother. I mean, it was okay as far as the time-traveling into the past kinda books go, but I don't think anybody can really top the Tennis shoes series on that particular genre. This paled in comparison. It just was...novice I guess. I wasn't really into it at all. But to each his own. Sydney was an interesting character. I can see the author doing a whole lot better on the next book in the sequence and developing the characters better. So maybe I'll end up liking it as a whole when the story is finished. I let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment