Sunday, January 26, 2014

Palace of Stone

By Shannon Hale

Coming down from the mountain to a new life in the city seems a thrill beyond imagining. When Miri and her friends from Mount Eskel set off to help the future princess Britta prepare for her royal wedding, she is happy about her chance to attend school in the capital city. There, Miri befriends students who seems so sophisticated and exciting…until she learns that they have some frightening plans. They think that Miri will help them, that she should help them. Soon Miri fiinds herself torn between loyalty to the princess and her new friends’ ideas, between an old love and a new crush,k and between her small mountain home and the bustling city.


I meant to read this when it first came out but couldn’t really get in the mood. Even when I did read it it took forever for me to really get into the story, which is abnormal for me with a book by Shannon Hale, who is fantastic. Needless to say, I liked the original MUCH better. Miri irritated me because, once more, she has Peder there and is crushing on a stranger and doubting Peder’s affection. The actual political shenanigans and plot line was good. Typical of Shannon Hale to have it perfectly hashed out and wrap it up in a bow. Love that, also the fact that I am never quite sure how it’s going to work out is a plus.

I give it a 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment