Sunday, January 26, 2014

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

By Betty McDonald

Everyone loves Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle. She lives in an upside-down house and smells like cookies. She was even married to a pirate once. Most of all, she knows everything about children. She can cure them of any ailment. Patsy hates baths. Robert never puts anything away. Allen eats v-e-r-y slowly. Mrs. Piggle Wiggle has a treatment for all of them.

I loved Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle as a kid. I found it hilarious to read about all these ill-behaved children and the ingenious cures that this little old lady came up with for bewildered parents. The book is cleverly written, and read more as a series of short stories containing different little children in each chapter with a different problem. I still like to read them and am happy to say there a quite a few Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books to read, this being the first. I was reading these along with Junie B. Jones when I was in elementary.


I give it a 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment