Sunday, January 26, 2014

Fortunately, The Milk

By Neil Gaiman

“I bought the milk,” said my father. “I walked out of the corner shop, and heard a noise like this: Thum thum. I looked up and saw a huge silver disc hovering in the air above Marshall Road.”
“Hullo,” I said to myself. “That’s not something you see every day. And then something odd happened.”
Find out just how odd things get in this hilarious story of time travel and breakfast cereal, expertly told by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Skottie Young.


I have decided that aside from being crazy in a fantastic way, Neil Gaiman should write more short stories. This was fabulous. I was smiling and laughing at the premise, and at the fantastically expressive illustrations by Skottie Young. I’d love to have this ‘big fish’ story on my personal bookshelf. It’s on my list. If you’ve got half an hour, pick this up and read it, and remember all those whoppers you, or your family have told in your life.


I give it a 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment