Friday, March 1, 2013

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

By Lewis Carroll

Alice in Wonderland is a fantasy novel about a little girl who enters a magical world full of peculiar creatures. She enters this world through a rabbit hole.

As a kid, the cartoon Disney version of this classic tale always freaked me out. The Cheshire Cat was creepy and I couldn’t understand why my friends liked watching this crazy movie. As an adult, I’ve always told myself to read the book, give it a chance. So, here I am, full adult, and…well…it’s still weird.  I don’t think there was one part of that book that I liked.  It was just all random craziness to me. But, I did have a previous bias toward it, so I didn’t go in reading it with great expectations.  For me, this classic is just too confusing and lacks a point. If it’s supposed to be a dream then I can sorta understand that, but I’d like to know if there is a point. If anybody wants to enlighten me, please do!

I give it a 2.5 out of 5 because it’s a classic or it would’ve been lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment