Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Artemis Fowl 8: The Last Guardian


By Eoin Colfer

 
Seemingly nothing in this world daunts the young criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl. In the fairy world, however, there is a small thing that has gotten under his skin on more than one occasion: Opal Koboi. In The Last Guardians, the evil pixie is wreaking havoc yet again. This time his arch rival has somehow reanimated dead fairy warriors who were buried in the ground of Fowl Manor. Their spirits have possessed Artemis’s little brothers, making his siblings even more annoying than usual. The warriors don’t seem to realize that the battle they were fighting when they died-a battle against Artemis—is long over. Artemis has until sunrise to get the spirits to vacate his brothers and go back into the earth where they belong. Can he count on a certain LEPrecon fairy to join him in what could well be his last stand?


The last book of Artemis Fowl. (Sad face) I was excited for it, but wanted to prolong it as much as possible. I admit though, it wasn't nearly as bad as the Harry Potter withdrawal. In my opinion, after the fifth book it sort of went downhill from there. This last book was a major improvement from The Atlantis Complex, which I was consternated with due to Artemis's strange personality disorder...funny but also a little too out of the line of what I expect from Artemis Fowl. This last book was great, though I was a little disappointed that the villan was once again Opal, whom I detest as a character. I liked much better the unknown villans that took Artemis by surprise and kept me guessing. Holly and Artemis are an awesome pair, and who can forget Butler, the greatest in the world? I wish that Artemis's little brothers weren't posessed almost the whole book, I was looking forward to the interactions between the brothers. As is proper, Artemis Fowl impresses and soars in his final adventure. See you Arty, it's been exceptional.

4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment