Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Murder in Mesopotamia

By Agatha Christie


When Nurse Amy Leatheran agrees to look after American archaeologist Dr Leidner’s wife Louise at a dig near Hassanieh she finds herself taking on more than just nursing duties – she also has to help solve murders. Fortunately for Amy, Hercule Poirot is visiting the excavation site but will the great detective be in time to prevent a multiple murderer from striking again?


Have you ever read an Agatha Christie novel? Grew up watching Poirot like I did? She is a master of the "Whodunnit". I absolutely love how she allows the reader to try and put things together as she feeds you the clues. I love even more that I can almost never completely figure it out. This was a lot of fun for me to read, but I was a little surprised at the lack of depth in the characters. They were all there to move the plot forward and get you to the main point: who killed Louise. Not to say that this is a drawback, just was giving fair warning for the people who like character developement over plotline. Didn't bother this character-crazy reader at all. Just wallowed in the joy of figuring out a grusome murder. :)

3 1/2 out of 5 (because it's Agatha, and I had it almost pegged!)

No comments:

Post a Comment