Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day!

When I was a kid I wanted to be Irish. Mostly because they talked so freaking awesome. I did all this research and everything and asked my parents where our family came from. My Mom told me that it was mostly England but there was some Scottish. I was bitterly disappointed, but set my eyes on Scottland. I still wish I could speak in an Irish Brogue. Speaking of which, did you know they have a translator on Google for an Irish Brogue?  Dia Dhuit this Saint Patricks!

Did you Know?

Saint Patrick wasn't Irish at all? He was born in Scottland.

During St. Patrick's time, Ireland's color wasn't green but blue? (Maybe we should wear blue on Saturday)

Ireland was the first country in Europe to grow potatoes on a large scale (I now love Ireland even more!)

The color green in Ireland stands for Nature and Hope.

You can thank the Irish for your oatmeal breakfasts- they brought it to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment