Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Story of Ferdinand


By Monro Leaf

Ferdinand is a bull who likes to sit and smell the flowers, but is picked for the bull fights in Madrid.



So this is quite the cutest book I've ever read. The illustrations really make the book. I picked it up because of the movie "The Blind Side". I'd heard of this book, but hearing part of it on the movie made me want to read it. I actually read it to my Mom and we laughed and had a good time. Just goes to show...you're never too old for kids books. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I have my mother's copy of this book..probably from the 1930's! I always loved this story. Need to find it and read it to my grandkids. Thanks for the reminder of the wonderful book

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat! I love old editions of books. You need to treasure that I'm sure its a collectors item!

    ReplyDelete