Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ranger's Apprentice 8: The Kings of Clonmel


By John Flanagan

When mankind seeks protection from the world’s many dangers, they put their faith in warriors, kings, gods, and even money. In the neighboring kingdom of Clonmel, a mysterious cult has sprung up, promising defense against lawless marauders in exchange for people’s riches. Their sermons are attracting audiences from miles around, but there’s a dark side to this seemingly charitable group, prompting Halt, Will and Horace to investigate. What the trio uncovers could threaten the safety of not only Clonmel, but their homeland of Araluen as well.
In this new installment to the series that has sold millions of copies and garnered worldwide acclaim, secrets will be revealed and battles to the death will be waged. And this is only the beginning…



How long I have been waiting to read this book! Being an avid fan of the Ranger's Apprentice series, I was so happy to find that my local library was finally FINALLY carrying them. While being a poor college student, I wasn't able to buy it, but now I can keep up with my favorite Rangers. :) I am a happy soul.

This latest adventure didn't let me down in the least. Halt, Will and Horace are together once more to solve the riddle of The Outsiders, a suspicious religious cult that is anything but charitable. We find out lots of secrets about Halt's life in this one, for which I was super happy. Won't spoil it though, and I will shamelessly say once more (as I do with each of these books I review) READ THEM IF YOU HAVEN'T YET!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment