Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Golden Spiral (#2 in Hourglass Door series)


By Lisa Mangum

The hourglass door has closed behind Dante, sending him back in time to hunt down Zo, Tony, and V. Although giving him up was the hardest test she ever faced, Abby knows that Dante is the only one who can stop the others from destroying time itself. But almost immediately, things start to change, and Abby’s worst fears are realized when Zo begins targeting her past specifically. With each change that ripples into her present, Abby’s life continues to spiral out of control. Her relationships with Jason, Natalie, and ever her family are threatened to the breaking point. Zo’s power is greater than Abby ever imagined. Will her love for Dante be enough to turn the tide?


This book is a page turner. It’s fun to read, and the story is intriguing. Trying to wrap your head around the time stream is a little dizzying, but Mangum does a pretty good job in simplifying it for the average Joe. Dante seemed a little more human to me in this one. And, I don’t know if it’s just that I’m getting used to the love story or not, but I was able to handle the many little romantic scenes between Abby and Dante with a little less snide thoughts. A little. There are still some instances when Dante will say things like, “Abby! My Angel! You’re here!” and I can’t help but think of a soap opera. Really? I’ve yet to meet a real live man who talks like that, and if I ever do, I will eat my words and voice a profound apology to Lisa Mangum for my incredulity. Aside from all that thought, this was fun and I look forward to the conclusion next year in the final book- The Forgotten Locket.

No comments:

Post a Comment