Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ranger's Apprentice: The Burning Bridge

By John Flanagan

For years, the Kingdom of Araluen has prospered, with the evil lord Morgarath safely imprisoned by impassable mountains. For years, its people have felt secure. But the scheming hand of the dark lord has not been idle...
On a special mission for the Rangers, Will and his friend Horace, an apprentice knight, travel to a neighboring village and discover the unsettling truth: All the villagers have been either slain or captured. But for what purpose? Could it be that Morgarath has finally devised a plan to bring his legions over the supposedly insurmountable pass? If so, the King's army is in imminent danger of being crushed in a fierce ambush.
And Will and Horace are the only ones who can help them.



On to book 2! Yup, I found it at the library, and I was just as happy reading this one as the first book. It's an awesome book for kids, I say especially younger boys who like sword fights and good adventure stories. It does have some swear-words in it, which I thought was the only drawback. And I must say that Mr. Flanagan has gotten me addicted enough to be certain of my continuing to read his books. The second book ended with such a wrenching cliffhanger that I was dying to get my hands on the next book immediately. It's fast-paced and fun to read. I haven't read a good knight-like book in some time, it's been great to get into it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment