Monday, October 19, 2009

Peter and the Starcatchers


By Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson


In an evocative and fast-paced adventure on the high seas and on a faraway island, an orphan boy named Peter and his mysterious new friend, Molly, overcome bands of pirates and thieves in their quest to keep a fantastical secret safe and save the world from evil. This impossible-to-put-down tale leads readers on an unforgettable journey-fraught with danger, yet filled with mystical and magical moments.



So I've had this book for about three years and I finally got around to reading it. I was plesantly surprised at what I found. At first I was thinking, 'no way can they do a spin off Peter Pan'. I don't even like the Disney version for heavens sake! But this was done well enough to earn my approval. It was fun to find out the 'origins' of Neverland, the crocodile and his tastes for a certain pirate, how Peter got to be a great flyer, and where he met Tinker Bell. It was a great story and kept a good pace. It will be interesting to see what they've done with the other three Peter Pan books that have come out since this first one. I enjoyed it and was duly entertained. Though I still prefer Barry's original script. I'd reccommend this book to anyone who likes the story of Peter Pan, they'll be very entertained!

No comments:

Post a Comment