Saturday, September 12, 2009

Inkdeath


By Cornelia Funke


Okay, here's another one I can't summarize without giving away the first two books in the series. I don't think I've even reviewed Inkspell, which is the second book. This is the third and last book in the Inheart trilogy. It's so good. It did take me quite a while to get into it though. It's not like some books that just suck you in from the begginning. It probably took me about 5-10 chapters to start getting to the point where I really wanted to read it. It changed perspectives a lot which confused me just a bit. Sometimes I couldn't tell if it was Meggie or Mo who was speaking for a paragraph or two. But it's not enough to detract, and it was probably just me. The characters gain even more depth in this last installment, and I just love Mo! He seriously is my hero. I mean, a bookbinder! I started learning the art after I read Inkheart and I'm getting really into it. I'm saving up my pennies to get the tools of the trade. It just makes my endorphins go wild! Okay, sorry, I'm digressing. The whole series just seems to be written for people who love to read/write. Everyone who loves reading should try it out. I adore them and thank Mo for getting me started into bookbinding! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment