Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Door Within

By Wayne Thomas Batson

There are passages and doors
And realms that lie unseen.
There are roads both wide and narrow
And no avenue between.
Doors remain closed for those
Who in sad vanity yet hide.
Yet when belief is chosen,
The key appears inside.
What is lived now will soon pass,
And what is not will come to be.
The Door Within must open,
For one to truly see.

Aiden Thomas entered the Door Within after reading the scrolls of Alleble, and found himself catapulted into a war for the people of The Realm. With an entire city at stake, Aiden is called to become the twelfth knight in a quest to bring the people of Mithegard into alliance with King Eliam, the One True King. Aiden finds a new confidence in himself, forges friendships that will last lifetimes, and most importantly learns the truth about life as he knows it.

I have had the weirdest yet coolest dreams while reading this book. It has heavy parallelisms with Christianity and it quite fun to hunt for the little similarities. I even found a slightly changed verse of scripture from the Bible. This book gave me warm fuzzies as I read and related to the connotations toward Christ and believing and serving God, and finding truth. This book is geared more towards pre-teen and middle school agers, and I think boys specifically would like. It was fun to read and got me recalling why I love my religion. It was, at times, predictable, but also had enough surprises to keep me smiling and cheering Aiden on his way.

Interesting Info: This is the first in a trilogy, but I think that this stand pretty well on its own. I’ll look into reading the next two and let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment