Sunday, December 28, 2014

E-Squared

By Pam Grout

Don’t face reality. Create reality! E-Squared could best be described as a lab manual with simple experiments to prove once and for all that reality is malleable, that consciousness trumps matter, and that you shape your life with your mind. Rather than take it on faith, you are invited to conduct nine 48-hour experiments to prove there really is a positive, loving, totally hip force in the universe.

This was an intriguing read. It’s basically a book about quantum physics talking about the all-encompassing energy of the universe and how that energy can be put to use for you in your life. This book begins with a basic explanation of this “force” that allows you to create your own reality. The premise of the book is not just thinking positive, it’s creating a positive experience by thinking about and looking for signs from the universe. One of the exercises is to choose a color and then see how many cars of that color you see within 48 hours. Not just any color, but a very specific color. It’s the principle of you don’t see it when you aren’t looking for it. So, this book is saying that if you want a new job, you need to give the universe a time limit to help you achieve your goal, and you need to put all your thoughts and energy into it as well, and more often than not good things happen simply because you expect them to. It’s an interesting concept and one that I’ve used since reading this book and it’s worked for me. Like once I woke up really sick and knew I had to get to work so I gave myself a mantra, “I will be fine until I get home from work,” and I said that as I got ready, as I drove, and as I walked in the door at work. The longer I said it the more I believed it and I really was fine…until I got home then I was sick as a dog! Weird, but effective. It doesn’t work all the time for me, but it works often enough that I’ll try to psych myself out.


This gets a 3.5 out of 5 for an interesting and helpful perspective on the power of noticing things and changing your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment