Monday, February 18, 2013

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

By Mark Twain

 The Great American novel about a boy and a runaway slave on the Mississippi river dodging the law, and meeting many charismatic people along their way.

 
This is one of those classics that if you didn’t read it in high school, it’s on your list of to-reads sometime in your life.  This was my second time around with this one and of course, since I’m older I got different things out of it.  When I started I couldn’t remember how it ended, which seemed strange to me, but when I got to that humdinger ending I could see how I blocked that out. With such a rich and morally stimulating book you get to the last part and you are thrown back into ridiculous and painful low comedy and you have to wonder if Twain just got sick of writing or if he did it on purpose. Anyway, this book is a wonderful read and I heartily believe that everyone (especially people from the U.S. ) should read this at least once. It is a classic for a reason.

 
I give it 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment