Saturday, November 2, 2013

When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears


By Kersten Hamilton

Locked doors are opening, and magical creatures are tumbling through mysterious portals from Mag Mell, the world-between-worlds, into the streets of Chicago. Meanwhile, the romance between seventeen-year-old Teagan, who is part goblin, and the alluring bad boy Finn Mac Cumhaill is heating up….which is awkward, to say the least, considering he is bound by a family curse to fight goblins his entire life. Celtic mythology, adventure, and paranormal romance fuse in the electrifying finale of the Goblin Wars trilogy.

 

Sad day. I’ve been waiting for the end to this trilogy for a year now and after reading it, I was let down. I wanted to like it just as much as the first two, and I tried I really really tried, but I just don’t. It felt flat for me. It just seemed to randomly put new characters in and old characters acting out of character and people dying and just confusingness. There was enough to tie all the books together, but I got a little lost as to how certain aspects (which I will not spoil the book by relating) fit into the grand scheme of things. That and one of my favorite characters died and I really didn’t want that to happen…I swear the author could’ve saved them. It seemed a waste and I don’t know how it furthered the plot, but perhaps by that time I was already irritated enough to find it flawed. Oh well. Sad day.

 
I give it 3 out of 5-average. Sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment