Friday, July 27, 2012

Dragon Slippers

By Jessica Day George

 When Creel’s aunt sacrifices her to a dragon, Creel refuses to wait for a knight to rescue her. After bargaining for her escape and winning a pair of blue slippers from the dragon’s hoard, Creel sets out to find her own fortune in the king’s city. Along the route, she meets and befriends another dragon, who helps her find her way. But when she arrives in the city, strange things start to happen, and Creel realizes that her mysterious slippers are more than just a pair of shoes.


So the summariy really doesn't do this book justice. I've read one other book by Ms. George and I absolutely loved it (Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow) and I now know that I really like her books. Dragon Slippers is the first in a trilogy and I really loved it. I'm a sucker for dragon books though, and this didn't disappoint. I adored the author's version of dragon hoards, which was (in my humble oppinion) ingenious and delightful. Creel herself is a no-nonsense girl who just wants to be a dressmaker and gets herself into all kinds of trouble without meaning to. The dragons in this book are wonderful and I fell in love with Shardas and laughed an Feniul. If you enjoy the styles of Shannon Hale or Gail Carson Levine, you'll love Jessica Day George. Give it a go!

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment