Thursday, May 5, 2011

The High King



By Lloyd Alexander

When the sword of Dyrnwyn, the most powerful weapon in the kingdom of Prydain, falls into the hands of Arawn-Death-Lord, Taran, Assistant Pig-Keeper, and Prince Gwydion raise an army to march against Arawn’s terrible cohorts. After a winter expedition filed with danger, Taran’s army arrives at Mount Dragon, Arawn’s stronghold. There, in a thrilling confrontation with Arawn and the evil enchantress Achren, Taran is forced to make the most crucial decision of his life.




This is the final installment of the chronicles of Prydain, and I was so anxious to read it, mostly to finally find out about Taran's past. I had all kinds of precieved ideas about how Lloyd Alexander would finish out this series, but I was delighted that I was wrong in my assumptions, and even better I was still completely satisfied! Try it and you'll like it. It might seem slow at first, but keep going and you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment