Friday, November 25, 2016

The Devil's Storybook

By Natalie Babbitt

Every now and then, the Devil likes to pop up into the world for an adventure. He’s a trickster and a mischief-maker, and just as full of vanity and other human failings. But he’s also a gifted storyteller.

I discovered this little gem after looking up books by Natalie Babbitt, who is probably best known for “Tuck Everlasting”. I’ve read a few of her books and enjoy her storytelling. This book has been banned in many schools and towns simply because it’s a book featuring the Devil. Of course this made me even more curious because I could not see Natalie Babbitt writing anything derogatory for children. This is a book full of short stories about the Devil and how he tries to torture and make people’s lives miserable. It ends up being ironic, instructive at times, and pretty humorous. It is one of those books that as a kid reading it, I would’ve been entertained by the stories, but as an adult I was impressed by the underlying wit of the stories. It was interesting to read. It can be along the same tone as Grimm fairy tales.  


I give it a 3 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
    curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or 
    call/whatsapp +2348155227532
    he also have #herbs for
    #hiv/aids
    #cancerdisease 
    #fibroid 
    #diabetes

    ReplyDelete